Our Seller ServicesExclusive Georgia Properties agents will lead you through each step of selling your home.
What is My Property Value?
Are you thinking about selling, buying or just curious about how the recent real estate market has affected property values? Exclusive Georgia Properties agents specialize in home values in your area, research home prices and are able to give you a dependable estimate.
When you list your property with an Exclusive Georgia Properties agent, expect your property to be placed on these continually growing search engines.
Make sure to ask your agent how they will market your property and expose it to potential buyers. Each Exclusive Georgia Properties agent specializes in a wide range of property types. Whether a luxury, beach or island, residential or commercial, foreclosure or short sale, each agent markets towards the best buyers for their property types.
PREPARE TO SELL
Think about when you first bought your home. Which features were you most attracted to and excited about? When selling your home, you should look at it like you’re buying it all over again.
A spruced up house is the first way to give potential buyers a great impression. It draws them in and gets them excited because they know they’ll have fewer issues with a well-cared for house. This makes your home more appealing and helps distinguish it from the competition. Preparing your home correctly in the beginning will save you time when your house is on the market.
A good first impression is impactful in a number of ways. It’s not only important that it looks good, the way your home feels and smells matters as well. Buyers imagine the reaction their home will receive from family and friends as well as how it would feel for them to live there.
Simple updates to your house will catch the eye of potential buyers and help them to see that your house could be “the one.”
THE RIGHT SELLING PRICE AFFECTS YOUR BOTTOM LINE
Setting the price of your home is critical in determining the return you receive. For this reason, you will need an experienced Realtor® who will provide a professional evaluation and honest assessment of your home based on the following factors
- Market conditions
- Condition of your home
- Repairs or improvements
- Time frame
The market value of a property is the price at which a house (in its present condition) will sell within a period of 30 to 90 days. Setting the price of your home too high could result in several negative outcomes:
- Limits buyers. Potential buyers may not view your home, because it would be out of their buying range.
- Limits showings. Other real estate professionals may be less reluctant to view your home.
- Used against you. Other real estate professionals may use this home to sell against homes that are better priced in your neighborhood when on the market too long.
- Extended stay on the market. It may be perceived as defective.
- Lower price. An overpriced home, still on the market beyond the average selling time, could lead a lower selling price. To sell it, you will have to reduce the price, sometimes, several times. In the end, you’ll probably get less than if it had been properly priced at the start.
- Wasted time and energy. A bank appraisal is required to finance a home.
Realtors® know that well maintained homes, priced appropriately from the beginning, are the most likely to result in a quick sale at the best price! This is why a professional is necessary to selling your home.